APPLICATION FOR THE PEI 2.0 COHORT has been EXTENDED UNTIL MARCH 8, 2021
Increasing contracting opportunities for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) is a priority for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Small Business Program Office (SBPO). With that goal in mind, enhancements have been made to the Path to Excellence and Innovation (PEI) Initiative, and a new cohort for HBCUs will be selected to participate.
PEI Eligibility Guidelines
- Federal prime or subcontracting past performance is required within the last five years;
- Relevant capabilities to the NIH mission is required;
- Willingness to commit one representative who will devote a minimum of 10 hours monthly to PEI activities;
- Confirmed endorsement from the institution’s senior leadership;
- Willingness to subcontract the first three to five opportunities pursued with a designated PEI business partner.
The SBPO is encouraging interested HBCUs and businesses to prepare for the application process by becoming familiar with the PEI Initiative and participation requirements. An excellent way to start is to read the PEI Initiative Fact Sheet and the white paper: Paving the Path to Excellence and Innovation for Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Questions regarding the new 2021 cohort for the PEI Initiative should be directed to PEI@nih.gov.